Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Song Desert Revitalised

After a personal song desert (just one since January), ideas started flooding into my head about a month ago. I need to organise them all; I can't dictate what's going to appear and when. some are just lines, some are just ideas and some are more musical. They are the hardest ones, because fitting words into them sometimes feels fake, which is why it has been so great to work with Robert because he's very good at that. Sometimes, I've stripped all the words out of a song and given it to him to completely re-lyricise, which he is absolutely excellent at, because he's not only a poet in the German language but also in English.

However, having read an article on hoarding this morning, I'm about to decimate a pile of papers'n'things that came from my office at the university. The rest of it's in the boot of my car because I don't want it in the house. I thought I might need some of it, but I so don't. I can't think of a decision in my life that has ever been better than to leave that job: it had become completely toxic. So bad that it sizzled!


No comments: