Monday, January 30, 2023

Starting to Organise Gigs

I was so mad busy before Christmas that I neglected to think about gigs this year, and I need to start doing that. I'll be illustrating until the end of March and I have a couple of nice things to do before that, but I need to get my act together, quite literally.

I saw Mick, June, Laura and Danny for lunch in York on Saturday; we sat in a cosy café, drank tea and chatted till it was time for me to go home and not miss the train this time! It's always lovely to see them all and catch up with their news. They are good friends. On the way back I managed to finish an entire charity-shop crime novel. I realised on page one that I's read it before but decided to stick with it because I couldn't remember what happened. I read so many of the damn things that it's quite common to choose the same one again, buy it and bring it home before I realise.

And today, it was back to the sunny studio, not too cold today, and carrying on with a drawing that I started last week: the newspaper seller at Earl's Court Tube station. This was an A3 sized drawing, and even though I don't cover the whole page, it still takes a long time to do one of these.

I'm finishing a poster tonight for a gig in March, but I've left my computer charger at the studio so I won't be able to scan it tonight, alas.




No comments: