Tuesday, September 01, 2020

A Two-Posting Day

Normally, two-posting days happen when I'm avoiding something (usually writing an academic article) but actually today I'm feeling really relaxed, for some unfathomable reason. All sorts of stressful things have happened: having to put off my vacation because of Covid, the PRS site crashing twice when I was trying to register mine and Robert's songs, it being the day for washing the sheets and duvet cover, updating my website, rushing to the shops in between deliveries of things that I should not have bought...
It's this: writing a song inspired by this wonderful artist, whose work we saw at the Baltic Art Gallery in Newcastle. Just writing it is taking me to another place, an imagined rainforest full of rustling creatures and bountiful leaves.
I don't even care if I'm the only person in the universe who likes my song. It is serving it's purpose, just by making me feel good today.

https://baltic.art/whats-on/abel-rodriguez


No comments: