Friday, July 05, 2019

Punk Scholars Network Screening

Big thanks to Laura and Frances for inviting me to show the film in Lincoln at the Punk Scholars Network Symposium.
Here are some photos of the screening- the papers that I heard beforehand were really stimulating and I know the symposium carried on today. The conversations before and after the screening were stimulating too. It was a stroke of genius to screen it in the gaming bar: what a perfect venue for a DIY film!
I walked through Newark from Newark Castle station to Newark Northgate straight through a grim and volatile boozers fight in a pub car park, that spilled on to the pavement and the road. I didn't want a konk on the nose so I slipped into Morrisons to get away, and bought a totally disgusting sandwich, but at least I didn't have to eat the entire tin of Fisherman's Friends, which had been the original plan. I found the chip shop just too late, unforchly.
I sat waiting for the train in blissful peace, admiring the twilight: the train platform lights vying for attention with the dusky sunset, and a cackling magpie in the bushes behind me.
Boy was I tired on the way home.





No comments: