Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Texting Man

This is reposted from elsewhere where I also post stuff, so apologies if you've already read it; I was leaving the Vi Subversa post some space out of respect.

It was drizzling, and the drizzle was settling on my coat. I had my guitar on my back and I was in a hurry. The texting man was walking slowly in front of me. He was square in shape and was zig-zagging so every time I tried to overtake him on the left, he was in the way, and every time I tried to overtake him on the right, he was in the way too. I practised patience, and slowed to his pace. I did not want to be a nasty suburban pusher-out-the-way. He wasn't very good at walking and texting, and I wasn't very good at being patient either.
I was just about to snap and snarl 'EX-CUSE ME!', when he bumped into a lamp post.

1 comment:

Wilky of St Albans said...


And did you derive a guilty pleasure from the poor chaps misfortune?

Me? I would have laughed like a drain. One of the few pleasures to be had in a trip into London is to not get out the way of people walking along texting, and being a large-ish kinda guy, I always win.