Friday, February 06, 2015

Academic Working Hours

Academic working hours are weird. Yesterday, there was no chance to take a lunch break until 3.45, and then I wasn't sure if what I was eating was lunch or tea.
Then this morning I got up at 6.30 and I've just, at 8.30, completed the Powerpoint for Monday's lecture.
Part of that is completing it before the very noisy building work opposite my house gets into swing. Building is happening everywhere at the moment: ring-a-ding-ding! More empty buildings to loom above us and make us feel small and insignificant!
I've got three A4 to-do lists and part of today will be spent making them into one, by doing some of the things listed on them and weeding out unnecessary parts.
I have a new item to add: edit academic article, which I shall enjoy doing. It's a bit like marking your own work, but with more scorn and a ferocious focus on following up your own critique.
I am not complaining. It is good to be busy and swimming in the river, even if you encounter the odd shark here and there.

2 comments:

Wilky of St Albans said...

what did I do today? I walked down Bedford Street and watched a man painting the plywood hoarding that has covered up the 12 Bar Club. It is no more.

A Housing Officer said...

When they knock down the Dandylion PH the whole world will be able to see into your bathroom!