Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Transcribing

I've spent part of the day transcribing lyrics and chords for Happy Ending and Twice Brewed for our rehearsal tonight. The Green Goddess is coming with me and she is stretching her wings as we speak.
This makes a change from writing lectures and editing sound clips, although I was proud of the lecture I did yesterday. I have some of Mark Cunningham's audio clips (he wrote the book Good Vibrations about the history of record production) from when I invited him to talk to students at the University of the West years ago, in the days when there were plentiful budgets for such invitations and plenty of people to fulfil them.
A producer who shall remain nameless sneeringly told me he didn't get out of bed for less than 400 quid when I tried to book him two years ago. What a greedy man.

No comments: