Monday, September 24, 2012

Music, Music, Music

Life is very interesting at the moment; sitting with a group of workshop participants on Saturday listening to Green Gartside talking though his song writing process was fascinating and the group were enthralled by his talk. Then yesterday, all seven of them recorded their songs, which in most cases hadn't even existed on Thursday.
Jim Hornsby passed by last night and Martin and Jim played See You In My Dreams together, perched on chairs as the wind and rain lashed about outside.
If you live near Putney, come to see Martin and Jim playing tonight. They are at BBC6 at the moment recording some of Martin's solo stuff for Bob Harris (it will be broadcast in about a month) and heading down to the Half Moon later.
I have been teaching today (nice students) but will be heading down there later to do a turn. I have just missed a funding deadline (well, it's Wednesday but there's no way I will make it) which is a bit of a disappointment but I have to work when I can. If only I could fill these things out in my sleep!

No comments: