Friday, May 25, 2012

Horrible Vodaphone Vodamoan

I have been marking students' work literally from dawn to dusk today: I started at 6.30 this morning and will probably finish at about 8 tonight. I'm desperately trying to catch up on a week and a half's missed work.
A horrible virus attacked me a week ago on Saturday and I am still pathetically feeble, although I managed to go for a walk yesterday and today. The worst thing was that I accidentally threw up all over my Gretsch Chet Atkins Tennessean that as any guitarist does, I keep by my bed so I can play a few riffs before I get up. I didn't feel well enough to clean my room till Wednesday this week but it's all shipshape up there now.

I have lost a lot of weight. I don't know how much because I haven't got scales, but I can get into trousers that I thought were just a memory. I don't even fancy eating chocolate, can you believe that?

I am going to take Vodaphone to a Small Claims Court because I had no signal for 13 days and wasn't able to tell people that I was ill, and ended up so dehydrated that Martin had to fly down and take me to hospital, after being alarmed not to hear from  me.
They kept promising to fix it, but never phoned back when they said they would. I felt mean being angry with little female voices in India, and gave up.
So now they want to charge nearly £200 as an early termination charge. I consider them to have terminated the contract because they stopped providing a service, but I will have to pay it because they will put me on a debtors list if I don't.
So Vodaphone, I am going to claim that money back, and also the 100 quid it's cost me to buy a new handset from a new provider, and the cost of all the calls from the landline I had to make instead of getting  the free minutes I was paying for from you.
This blogger says: avoid Vodaphone like the plague. I had been a customer for around ten years, and they cared diddley-squat for that. Sorry to moan, regular readers; it's off the chest and into the ether now!

Have a lovely weekend everyone, enjoy the sun and eat as many strawberries as you can. You know it makes sense.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Very bad behaviour from vodafone! I hope you feel much better now-though a full day's marking may not contribute to that! x

Wilky of St Albans said...

Hope you're feeling better Helen. Remember - St Albans is only 10 minutes up the road should an emergency arise