Friday, October 21, 2011

The Mini Pops Are Here To Entertain You

Following a comment by Wilky (thank you!), I ended part one of the Study Skills lecture on Thursday, where we discussed the J-Pop video posted below, by finishing off the session with the Mini-Pops, a truly, truly weird 1980s phenomenon.
The students were flabbergasted. They had  never seen or imagined anything like it before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7NxD9fTGM
For the second week running, I wished that I had filmed their faces as they watched.

I am so glad that I took some time out to record a new song, Mr and Mrs Songsmith:
www.reverbnation.com/helenmccookerybook
...because I am knackered after lecturing every day this week apart from Wednesday, which I spent writing a lecture (and recording).

Hooray for the WEEKEND!
p.s. I've just misheard 'Blood Sugar' for 'Lord Sugar' and been taken on a very odd journey of the imagination.

1 comment:

Wilky of St Albans said...

you'll have seenit before, but I guess their expressions were a bit like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_S5cXbXe-4

always makes me smile