Sunday, March 06, 2011

Skeleton of a Horsy

I made this last night out of jeweller's wire; it is going to have skin made of papier mache, when I can remember how to make it, and then it is going to be painted with black and white stripes and given some ears, at which point it will become a zebra.
It is about three-and-a-half inches high and it's going to be part of my hat for the Offsprogs' joint 21st and 18th fancy dress party later this year.
I have rather fallen for it in its skeletal form, which is why I took a photo. I had to add an extra bit to its nose, without which it would have been rather a snub-nosed creature.
I loved tinkering about with the tiny pliers under the Anglepoise, and felt a bit like one of Norman Rockwell's subjects, all light and shade and concentration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to picture you in a hat with a zebra on it .......sounds like it is going to be a good party!!

Sarah said...

YOu are making me feel behind now! We have only started discussing vague ideas!