Saturday, January 23, 2010

Old Christmas Tree

I have loads to write about the recording on Thursday. But after a seven-hour journey back from Novo Castria last night, I'm taking it easy.
But after checking my mail when I got home I found a letter from Barnet Council saying that if I put my old Christmas Tree outside the front door before 6.30 this morning they would take it away.
So this is why at midnight I was dragging a massive, spiny, needle-shredding, rain soaked tree skeleton though the house, sloshing water and spraying needles everywhere, catching branches on the furniture and twanging green spikes all over the whole living room, before finally sliding it on to the pavement.
It's still green and had actually started growing some new bits, so I almost planted it.
Except there is no soil in my yard, only paving slabs.
Goodbye tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

badge arrived. Thankyou

Anonymous said...

OK, so I can post again, but now I am anonymous once more

The badge arrived. Thankyou for that. Now, on the earlier subject of the first 12" single, I need to root around some boxes, as I thought it was 'let's get it together' by a band who's name escapes me. Hence the need to root. When I met Mrs Wilky in 1977 she already had some 12" singles, very funky and very obscure. I could probably blag my way into a 70s disco night with them. I can still hum 'Gotham City Funk', which as you can guess is the Batman theme.

But hey - I remember bumping into you in the Virgin megastore about 1982 and you had some really obscure C&W under your arm.

Wilky of St A