Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An Exercise in Patience

Hello blog, I am back on a cranky computer at work. You have to shove the keys down with your fist, and put the spaces between the words in later, as it joins them all together.
Everyone will be familiar with my experience yesterday- three hours on the phone, first to Talk Talk (the person couldn't understand a word I was saying and consequently spent about half an hour trying to pass me on to someone else), ten minutes talking to a very rude salesman called Craig at BTinternet who clearly didn't want to sell any more Internet packages yesterday, and two exceptionally nice Asian gentlemen at Netgear who tried their best to help.
Defeated, I went up the road to the library to try their machines (our only Internet cafe has closed down, a recession victim), only to find their machines were broken, due to a virus. Could it be swine flu?

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Edinburgh for a gig at the Sapphire Club (details on my Myspace page) and then to Dumfries for the Song Writing weekend. I believe there is still a place available: look at www.myspace.com/guitarweekends for details. It is in a beautiful place with a river, trees, a nice oddball hotel and great teachers(Martin Stephenson,Scott MacDonald and..er..me), and is lots of fun, all-in for under 300 quid.
That's it for now, I have RSI from walloping the keys of this surly computer keyboard and I'm off to usemy fingersfor what they are meant for- playing me guitar!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Have a great time! Just to check-did you see the few pictures I put up on Sunday? You formed part of my shadow shots! You should read the comments too as everyone liked your name!
x

Helen McCookerybook said...

I like the shadow shots Sarah!