Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cowboys, Cowgirls, Umbrellas


Well it was a disaster at first. My orange umbrella (one quid at Ikea) and I went up the High Street, jabbing everyone in sight until I realised it had stopped raining ten minutes ago. Then I spilt the whole pot of coffee on the worktop and had to move everything because it all seeped underneath.
But later, I went over the the University of the West to record some songs with Jim. He mixed Blue's Song and has a particular style which I really like and I have been trying to persuade him to record with me for some time. So this was a nice thing to do.
To start off with, I played acoustic guitar, the Martin, and just sang and recorded a few songs- 3 Maple Men, The Song of the Landsman's Soul, a new one called The Man in the Moon, and When a Cowboy met a Cowgirl. Martin has already put some really sparkly guitar parts and a harmony on the version I did on Garageband but I'll send him this new one cos it's better. He was recording in Ross-shire this afternoon too!
Then I recorded All Systems Go! and Jim is going to mix that one and play around with it a bit. I put a space choir in the middle. Students kept popping in with anxious questions but it was remarkably relaxed and relaxing. I have been missing going into the studio.
I came home starving and ate a lot of little chocolate Easter eggs that I found on the table.
I think there are some left.
I must go down and investigate!

No comments: