Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cambridge, Chile, Cheese Straws- 'C's for Cunday

Just back from Cambridge and a guest spot with Martin Stephenson at the Barfly there (Treacle, I'm sorry I didn't tell you- I had no idea it was so close to Norwich).
t was a lovely gig- the soundman was really friendly, so was the promoter, and the barman, who was from Chile, really liked my songs, he told me afterwards, so tenoutoften, barman from Chile.
I loved playing, and it was the best Stephenson gig I've seen, practically, with lots of shocking between-songs patter that alarmed an older Christian fan, who checked with me to make sure there was no swearing on the CD before he bought one! The sound was excellent and the versions of the songs Martin played were ace- Blackeyed Rose, Rain, Lila Tree, Home, just loads of 'em with real sparkling guitar playing. Brilliant. Stephen Foster-Pilkington was there with his partner, who is an opera singer, and assorted ex-Daintees fans with their offspring, a new generation of fans.
Tomorrow, I'm back in the studio, more vocals to finish off, the CD is very nearly completed and ready to mix.
When I got back, someone had eaten 50% of the cheese straws, dang it!

No comments: