Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dreamdaying

Perfect early morning; Bird and a Bee CD turned up and I could breakfast to exciting harmonies after a lazy start. Later I'll scan my Salon des Chansons flyer so you can see it- I'm going to start that up in April, honest I am, I have a Plan; and songwritery friends can come round and eat chocolate cake and write songs and when they are stuck they will start up again. I have a Plan about what to do, and where to play. Oh, I have so many plans to pepper the world with sparkly songs: I just need a barmy millionaire to fund 'em all. I keep trying to win the lottery, because I also want to get a mad house at Alnmouth in Northumberland overlooking the sea and fill it with pianos, strange old keyboards, guitars, a porch, yes, chocolate cake, guest rooms.. a jukebox with permanently changing vinyl singles. In Wylam I used to buy stacks of scratched vinyl singles for sixpence and listen to the lot. I've just bought a load of French singles in the Oxfam shop and the vinyl album of 'Hair'. Couldn't resist them. So no sandwich for lunch, just a Snickers, which of course will do.
And I have loads of gigs coming up. And the recording went well, but I think it needs a bass line and I made one up when I was lazing in bed this morning looking for motes of dust(there weren't any because it wasn't sunny, but there will be some another day). Great argument against dusting. Imagine inventing a word for specks of dust in the sunshine!
Track six is the best one.

1 comment:

Slits Fan said...

Bird and the Bee were in Atlanta last night. Their shipment of CDs didn't show up or else they would have given me one.