Monday, October 23, 2006

Cross your fingers for me!

I told you, I do everything I say I'll do. I have contacted the Mad Professor, and he has written back! I have to edit the track and then I'll send it to him- please cross your fingers! Exciting!!!!
Little Claire has written to me asking if I know any tracks that feature jewellery- can anyone help? She's going to have an exhibition and wants to make up a soundtrack. Ghoulish tracks welcome; it's about funeral jewellery.Maybe I should write her one specially- that would be a good project!
And Joby... well, I am worried about Joby and his self-medication with the demon drink. I pointed out how unfair it is for me to worry about him in Brighton when I live in London; he told me this is called tele-worrying, and perhaps it is, but it doesn't make it any more bearable. How can the revolution possibly happen if everyone's down the pub?
Well, I have to go up the road to see if Kall-Kwik do scanning- I've done the poster for the next Songbird but smashed the scanner by tangling wires and dropping a lamp on it, and the computer that connects with it has crashed and is at the techno-docs.
See ya tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Helen! After I'd emailed you, I thought that 'Diamonds are Forever' and 'Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend' would go nicely with the LifeGem cremated human remains 'diamonds'... but there must be more!

Anonymous said...

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town

Anonymous said...

'Ornaments of Gold', 'Dazzle' ~ Siouxie; 'Gold', 'Diamonds & Gold' ~ Fairport Convention; 'The Funeral Party' ~ the Cure.

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,

here are a few Songs like Jewellery

fingers crossed for the Professor
cheers
si

Anonymous said...

dead link?

http://adventures-close-to-home.blogspot.com/2006/10/songs-like-jewellery.html

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone- great suggestions, especially Songs Like Jewellery! It was Elvis's 'Lucky Charm' that started me off on this, I'm sure there are many more. Cheers Helen for the blog use -much appreciated!