Monday, April 24, 2006

International and Local

International- spoke to Vi Subversa from Poison Girls on the phone- I had to get permission to use her interview for my book. She lives in Andalucia and plays the blues. What a woman! She helped my very first band Joby and the Hooligans get off the ground. Whatever happened to our drummer, Dub Duncan? Or Ricky, the transvestite drummer? And she said yes, go ahead....
Local- I have asked the chewing-gum-painter to paint a picture on chewing gum for my album cover. He was really chuffed and said yes. So it won't be me snuggled up to a zebra in my zebra striped dress singing songs to it with my guitar, it will be something else instead, something Local, as it should be for a teensy mini-release of an insignificant CD by an artists of titchy stature. Anyway, wot could be more special than that? The CD will be called Suburban Pastoral, and there's a story behind that, which I will tell you if you are very very good indeed and let me get on with things for a while without asking me for a cup of tea.
Today I sat and wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote....
But I also wrote a song about Screaming. Funny, that. I wonder why?

3 comments:

ANTHONY said...

Dear Helen,

What will be the title of your yet, unpublished book- a literary masterpiece no doubt? Am I mentioned? If so, am I in line for royalties?
Monty XXX
Cheques or cash would be greatfully received

ANTHONY said...

Helen,

Just been reading over your past blogs and it seems that I missed a gig. Were you playing at the Archway? Do you have any dates of other gigs for my diary?

Monty x x

Anonymous said...

Who is to say what is insignificant? It's what is on the disc that counts. And who was it the NME said this about: "She sings like a Karen Carpenter or (Dare we say it?) Billie Holliday,...always more caramel than Carmel"? ;)

W.P.