Wednesday, January 04, 2006

January

This year, I resolve to make an album (or even two) and to promote songwriting of the outer kind whenever and however possible.
Ad to go to as many weird gigs as I can, starting with Diana's birthday party on the 14th. I am writing a song for her birthday- very slow as it's on the piano and I can't play much but I'm learning- principally by mimicking school assembly-type playing, both in sound and physically (you know, the wildly enthusiastic music teacher attacks piano with whole body style of playing). I wrote a song for Gina's birthday and also for my friend Mandy (we drink champagne together when we can afford it and it's called My Champagne Friend). So that's why there might be two albums- one with normal songs and one with songs for friends.
Song Club will probably start up next week too if we have got the funding- with Barnet Football Club coming along to inspire us this time.
And I will be starting the Salon de Chansons (pretentious, moi?) where people come round and try out songs while eating chocolate cake (and I clear up afterwards).
And I hope I'll be playing lots of gigs- only one scheduled at the moment, with Helen and the Horns featuring two originals- Paul Davey on sax and Dave Jago on trombone, with John Eacott guesting on trumpet.
Please to see The Chefs track 'You Get Everywhere' is on Everett True's baby tape!

January Joke (for by God we need a joke this month!)
Knock Knock:
Who's there?
M.A.B. it's a big horse
M.A.B it's a big horse who?
(sings) M.A.B. it's a big horse I'm a Londoner...
I think you might have to tell it out loud to make it work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

groan... (at the joke!)
Your Salon whups our Craft Club into er... I dunno but it sounds amazing... (wishes she was musical - don't suppose owning a xylophone counts?)
:)

em xx