Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Not gonna mope!

Comiserations to Daniel Takes a Train! I did my voting from between mountains in the Lake District, holding up the phone to get a signal, but to no avail, or to near-miss avail at any rate. I hope they will carry on playing gigs though, because it was great fun the other night and they quite clearly still have a very loyal following including, I believe, Prince Harry.
Reminds me of when Lester Square and I used to do those Music Halls- mad cabaret nights with anyone and everyone, a man who sawed people in half amongst other things. We were offered a smutty Punch and Judy show, a woman who sang Whipcrackaway with pistols, and a person who made an omelette on stage. And Eddie Tenpole!
I wrote to Prince Edward to ask if he'd like to join i,n and received a very nice letter from his Equerry (yes, that's what I wondered, too) saying that he was delighted to be asked but that he would not be able to participate. I've still got it somewhere.
I don't know what would have happened if he'd said yes, because I have always been a republican, and was only copying Lester Square, who always used to send Monochrome Set LPs to the queen.
I've had a heavy day today, the highlight of which was flinging a huge cup of coffee all down my new cream-coloured jodphurs. I have managed to wash them. There are other things I could mope about but I'm not gonna, so there!

No comments: