Monday, June 23, 2008

Freight Train

Ian from Scotland has very kindly sent me an mp3 of a shortened version of Freight Train, which I've put on the Helen and the Horns Myspace site at
http://www.myspace.com/helenandthehorns
I've been wandering round Southgate this morning, into every charity shop; one was all aflutter with moths, another was brimful of ideologically unsound fur coats and a cashmere jumper with a mink collar. The same gentleman was following me round each one, trying out perfume for his girlfriend. Eventually you could smell which ones he'd been in, although in one shop the perfume was so old it didn't smell of anything; he and the shop assistant were spraying it in the air to see what it was like, and it was like nothing.
There is also a fantastic toy and fancy dress shop in Southgate that sells glittery false eyelashes as well as old-lady wool. I could have spent hours in there, satisfying the child, the glamorous kitsch woman and the pensioner in me, all at once, but I didn't. I went to Alexandra Park instead and watched a young man having an acid trip interacting with the ducklings.

No comments: