Thursday, April 06, 2006

Music

A-ha! That got you!
This blog is supposed to be about music but it often isn't. So here is some stuff about music. Check out Messthetics Greatest Hits ( www.hypedtodeath.com ) it's really good- it's a compilation of D.I.Y sounds from the late 1970s and early 1980s and it's good enough not to bother with i-pods, just stick it on and listen to it all the way through. The guy who released it, Chuck Warner, is going to do a ladies' version called Prams and I have sent him and exremely rare Chefs track to put on it when it comes out (he says soon). There's a Chefs track called 'Someone I Know' on one of his other CDs that Carl wrote and sings lead vocals on- it's very funny, about people in London all scrambling to know famous friends.
Andrew from Lonepilot said its OK to put people in touch with him about the live recording at the Macbeth in Hoxton- probably best by sending him an email through www.myspace.com/lonepilot . His website is beautifully designed but he has some pics of me where I resemble Mrs Potato-head, so don't look. (I SAID DON'T LOOK!!)
Treacle's sent me a video of Heaven Avenue at the Carnaervon Castle but I haven't looked at it yet- I will today and maybe put it on Myspace if I can work out how to do it. Thank you Treacle, what a laugh, we both used to live in that mad house, and if there wasn't anyone to talk with about it, I'd think I'd imagined the whole thing!

1 comment:

Little Onion said...

Yay!

Great CD!

love it!

LO