Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Sam's Clothes

Here they are! The books have arrived. 

This primary school story book was written by Jennifer Rudd, a scientist at Swansea University. It's a story about sustainability in clothing, written in both Welsh and English, and I was invited to illustrate it last year. What a blissful three months! I sat and drew for three hours a day, thirty illustrations in all, with lots of emails between us to get things absolutely right.

The book totally resonates with my own beliefs and I hope it becomes a fixture in every primary school library. Fingers crossed, we shall do another. It was great to work with Jennifer!





2 comments:

Wilky of St Albans said...

Nom de plume, or should that be nom de pencil, noted. I would have thought your usual styling would have been more kiddie-friendly

Helen McCookerybook said...

Hi Wilky, I needed gravitas for this, and my next project!