Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Helen and the Horns Polaroids from the 1980s

Being inactive can sometimes bear fruitful results. I've been digging through old photographs and I found these polaroids from a photo session we did in the 1980s. I think it was the best session we ever did- a fantastic photographer whose name I'll also dig out (he did the cover for Secret Love).
The best thing was that he had all these old theatrical backcloths that looks like badly-executed Poussin paintings; it was like walking on to a stage set. There was also a make-up artist who was impossibly glamorous; she did a really good job but she was still the most exquisite creature in the building, even when she'd finished. I believe she also had a cardigan and pearls- ironic ones, of course: it was the 1980s, after all.


No comments: