Sunday, September 29, 2019

The Monochrome Set and Jetstream Pony

This is just a very quick posting because I am supposed to be catching up on housework and things today (but I'm not, I'm procrastinating as usual).
Jetstream Pony were absolutely ace last night. The sound in the Lexington is brilliant and the mix was perfect. They had new songs and I loved them. I can't describe their style but I'll find a good Youtube thing to post in the week.
Then the Monochrome Set, on top form. Andy Warren actually smiled, and Bid's singing was spot-on: again, the sound engineer did them proud. No The Monochrome Set, alas, but lots of back catalogue and new stuff too. I played The Monochrome Set on my phone on the way home and I've learned the chords this morning, not that I'll ever do a cover version.
And now I'm learning Johny Brown's songs for a gig in the New Year.
It was one of those lots of pals gigs too- Akiko was there, Ruth and Dave, Daisy, Damian, Petra, a woman who thought I was Gina, and of course Caryne and Dave in fine fettle; it was very friendly and happy. And who should be there but Johna, who I haven't seen for about 30 years!
I'm off to Caroline Coon's exhibition later today.
It's all go for La Flaneuse Extraordinaire who actually spends most of her time watching Holby CityCome Dine With Me and Four In A Bed, but don't tell anyone that.

No comments: