Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Week in the Day Of

It's been a full-on week; after a mad dash from the Songwriting Weekend in Dumfries (wonderful as always and some fantastic songs- yes, Laura and Rachel!), there was a gig in aid of the Macmillan charity in Congleton, Going Up the Country on Sunday afternoon. It was part of a yearly festival and I enjoyed meeting The Sunbathers, who gave me their single to listen to (not yet!). There were some lovely people there, and the whole event was organised by Kevin Birchall, who seemed remarkably sane considering that it was the last few hours of a weekend festival. I thoroughly enjoyed it actually; after a weekend helping people to write their own songs it was nice to get up and sing mine!
After a week of mega-meetings at work, I then became Martin's roadie for a couple of gigs, both of which were great- Winchester with Jimmy Cole on banjo and high-strung guitar, and Twickenham with Jim the Fiddle. I had to work today too and kept up with the Austerity March via Twitter and bits of BBC News 24. Charlotte Church is my new wannabe BF; probably everybody's, I think!

No comments: