Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Parcel from Anne

I got a lovely parcel this morning from Anne, with lots of little exciting things in it, including some wine coasters she'd made and a ball of multi-coloured wool.
The best things were some hand-dyed wool that I think she made herself, and a hilarious book of knitting patterns for pets clothing, including knitted earmuffs for pugs who are afraid of fireworks! Anne is the most consistent commenter (is that the word?) on my blog and I was delighted to receive this assortment of surprises from the Scottish Borders: thank you so much Anne!
Her blog, which is focused on textiles but also has a welcome whiff of country air in it, is http://frayedattheedge.typepad.co.uk/
Apart from that, I've been at a two hour meeting at work today, preceded by a one-hour meeting, and that's more or less drained the life out of me, although I will rehearse my songs later on, as on Thursday I'm recording an album live acoustically in four hours in Byker!
My fingers will be creeping to the phone to dial for a curry later on: no matter how much I try to disguise my voice, they always know it's me, even before I ask for the same food that I always ask for.
Until then I'm parked on the sofa, which is tilting rakishly to one side as it's leg has broken off it for the third time, with Whippersnapper cat trying to shove the laptop on to the floor so he can discuss whether I'm up for making him a knitted dog-jacket with flowers on it!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds like a fun assortment of goodies! The knitting patterns sound especially fun. Enjoy your curry!x

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen - glad you like your parcel - and I'm impressed you got it, as I posted it yesterday afternoon - the woman in front of me in the Post Ofiice would be extremely p*ssed off if she knew - she paid just under £4 to have guaranteed next day delivery!!!