Thursday, October 02, 2008

At My Desk

Here I am at my desk at the University of the East, surrounded by toys and photocopies, and eating Floral Gums. Luckily, I am not required to speak to anyone at present, as I have shovelled a mouthload in, and my teeth are currently stuck together, albeit fragrantly.
I was expecting a terrible day yesterday; things spun a little out of control and my guitar gently wept for a while.
I woke this morning with a case of rampant pessimism, all ready to have a Huge Fight Because I Had Not Been Allocated A Parking Permit This Year.
Alas, this morning when I went to the help desk to ask, there it was waiting for me.
All the other anticipated problems are melting away (am I speaking too soon?) with Grumps being uncharacteristically cheerful, and a consequent overbudget of time. Shall I go to TK Maxx? I haven't got any money to spend but rummaging is good bicep exercise in this day and age of bingo-wing fear.
Or I could plan this evening's song writing workshop; but I sort of have... I bought today's Daily Mirror to harvest a headline from in order to work up a song.
My 'to-do' list is at home sunbathing on my makeshift desk by the window.
I could tidy the office but then it wouldn't be fun to rediscover lost papers.
Actually, I have a guitar here, and I'm going to get it out and play it until someone knocks on the door to tell me to shut up.
See ya later!

No comments: