Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Rich and Varied Tapas

Down to earth with a bump on Monday innit?
Not such a bad day perhaps: I took some tracks to a studio in Barnet called Earthworks to separate into wav files to send to Ross-shire to be mixed for the Martin and Helen album, Hamilton Square. It was interesting to find a studio so close and I might go there and record a couple of tracks soon just to try it out; it might be the place to record Song Club's Christmas song, too.
Within half an hour, the tracks were on their way to the north of Scotland in a recycled jiffypak. They should have got there today.
Back home, and one powerful cup of coffee later, I was writing my lecture for tonight. I am now teaching MA Audio students at the University of the West, which means reviving a lot of sleeping stuff in the cave of my brain.
The information didn't want to be awakened, telling me I'd promised it a hundred years and the kiss of a prince before it woke up, but I forced it into daylight, an activity that took roughly five hours. Then, of course, unwanted clever thoughts switched on arc lights (not just eco-lightbulbs) in my head all through the night, and they weren't as clever as they thought they were. They woke me, unfairly, and I had to stagger out of bed and write them down, only to be disappointed by their mediocrity in the cold light of day.
So I will be relieved when it's all over at 8 p.m. tonight and I can return home, stupid again.
Tomorrow morning I'm going to meet Gina for posh-frock coffee and to give her a copy of Poetry and Rhyme, and then I've promised myself a trip to the Apple Shop to buy a USB guitar lead so I can record my songs on to Garageband as soon as I think of 'em.
I am even going to keep the computer on the kitchen table, because the kitchen has the best reverb in the house, doncha know!

No comments: