Saturday, July 06, 2013

Polishing My Guitar

364 days a year, I really don't feel like polishing guitars. It is an activity similar to stuffing mushrooms, which many years ago Shirley Conran observed "Life's too short for...".
Yesterday, however, I was gripped by a need to nurture my old Hofner acoustic; not only that, but I was patient enough to replace its broken string!
Guitars are full of nooks and crannies as well as sweeping curves; I carefully cleaned behind its ears and under its tuning pegs and buffed it to a chestnut shine. It's on a stand now, looking rather pleased with itself. It wasn't keen on playing skiffle this evening, however. I don't know why it's being so snooty because I think it was made in that era, some time around the 1960s. Maybe it needs a rest after its thorough scrubbing; ill give it another go tomorrow.

No comments: