Sunday, December 27, 2009

Avoiding Hamlet

I seem to have spent much of today avoiding Hamlet, the televised play whose drama extended for hours; I rushed in to grab a chocolate, head bowed to avoid the dark emotions, and rushed back out again as fast as I could before they caught me and pulled me off cloud nine.
I've had a lovely Christmas, peaceful and lazy and without stress, and so I have been trying to extend it for as long as possible. put it all off till tomorrow, or the day after that, or the day after that... any time, but just not now.
I have eaten an entire chocolate reindeer and an entire chocolate orange, plus a few chocolate coins and some very nice chocolate buttons that June and Laura gave me (thank you!), and me and my greedy and inflated tummy are feeling very satisfied and we are going to bed to sleep it all off.
Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

with that much chocolate, I think you will be asleep for a while!!