Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well it's funny...

Yes- Paul Davey's other band from the 1980s, Daniel Takes a Train, have had a revival as part of Virgin Radio's 'Where are they now' feature. They have got into the last three of a competition to be the wherest were they nowest, and have to record a couple of jingles, which they did at Tom's yesterday evening, a version of Wild Thing and a version of Valerie, to be judged by The Zutons next Wednesday. What's so weird is that I mentioned them here a week or so ago, because it was their lead singer who went to see Mon Fio in Stoke Newington after hearing their soundcheck. Daniel Takes a Train are doing a gig in Earl's Court on the 31st of this month, and they have asked me to play too- and they asked Mon Fio, but they are busy, which is a pity.

Joby, I hope you have recovered after your fall from your wheelvehicle. At least these disasters give us material to write about in our blogs. Sometimes, I wonder what came first, the incident or the blog?

I was going to tell you about the frying Guides in the woods but I'll leave that till another time.

No comments: