Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Chefs CD

I went round Carl's again this afternoon.
We have 20 tracks of stuff- from the early music with some unreleased tracks, 'You're So Nice' and 'Toby' (which was about my budgie) right through to an album demo we did for Graduate Records that they never released. I'm just going to listen to some live recordings (Carl has one from the LSE, I have one from ULU and Stuart Jones sent a much earlier tape with songs that I'd forgotten we even did, because we never recorded them). I found some old flyers, and actually at the bottom of a box I found some really ancient photos of us when we were making the transition from being the Smartees (with Joby, Steve and Rick from the Hooligans an Tracey from the Molesters), into being The Chefs. That's not even touching the BBC sessions as they are just too expensive. This is such a funny thing to do!
I think Carl and Bruv are both comng to the 12 Bar on Tuesday. I'm playing and Martin Stephenson is playing too. Fancy the 3 remaining Chefs all being under one roof. I think I might ask Nick Greenwood, Russell's brother, if he'd like to come too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm excited :D

Anonymous said...

Wot hell did you once do to me with half a jacket potato? BIG LUV JOBY

The Rain Fell Down said...

hi helen!
it was soo cool to see you at the A Smile and a Ribbon gig. glad you liked it! i loved what you wrote as well. there a picture on my blog that is quite funny.

looking forward to a chefs cd!

love,

chris