Saturday, July 29, 2006

Umbrellas and fans

It's the season of foldy things; on Thursday I took my umbrella that folds up as small as a credit card out with me. I couldn't fold it back up again and was suspecting that it was a trick single-use umbrella until I hit it, and it miraculously telescoped back in again. Yesterday was a fan day and I freaked out a woman fanning herself with a turquoise fan on the tube platform by sitting next to her and fanning myself with my fan in a different rhythm. I thought my fanpace was more efficient and certainly more elegant than her flustered flapping, but without a neutral judge, I suppose I can't say.
The Resonance broadcast was fun- boiling hot up there but I pretended I was in the Deep South and it was pretty relaxing for a live broadcast. Thank you to the Scaledown chaps for inviting me; I played Dreaming of You and Fly Away live, and they played a live recording of Temptation from the gig and also Two Strings to Your Bow from the Helen and the Horns CD. I was dead chuffed to hear from Treacle, Claire and Rowen that they listened in- all worthwhile to heave my guitar down there and crunch along on my broken toe! Actually it's almost better and it's amazing how many people have broken their toes this month- Akiko sent a list of people in Berlin (how surreal is that?) and Treacle's sister has too. I actually think we have a fashion statement here, guys- the new black, costume jewellery for the noughties, 'Injury-chic'!

No comments: