Friday, November 18, 2005

At the Komedia in the summer....

Had a great gig last summer at the Komedia in Brighton with Helen and the Horns. Everett True DJayed and played an amazing set including music from Byron Lee's Allstars (I thought I was the only person in the world who had that record in my collection). Check out his blog on
www.planbmag.com/blogs/everett
Another interesting site is Caroline Coon's- she did the most fantastic interview when I was researching female instrumentalists in punk bands (I'm writing a book about them). Caroline was a journalist on Melody Maker at the time and now is a brilliant artist and has been politically active ever since setting up Release in the 1970s.
www.carolinecoon.com
And 3 cheers for Mike Slocombe for finding my lost blog- it disappeared yesterday and it's my new best friend- he found it!
I'm going to Offline on Thursday 24th next week to see one of my favourite bands Mon Fio- go to see them, they have great songs!
www.urban75.com

No comments: