Monday, February 24, 2020

Desdemona In My Ears

I tried to stamp some of my Pea Soup sleeves yesterday on the kitchen table, but messed up too many of them and stopped again. You need a lot of brute force to get a clear impression, so much in fact that the rubber stamp handle came off and had to be glued back on again with Gorilla Glue.
I did a few middles, but there are some 'mis-shapes' of those too. I will sell them more cheaply: the records themselves will still be fine.
I haven't been this ill for over five years. The virus, Desdemona, is now rummaging around in my ears and throat to see what havoc she can cause there. It was difficult to get out of bed this morning; I really thought I would be better by now.
I'm now on my fourth detective novel and know all about Jeff Bezos and his minuscule homeless donation that replaced a huge investment by a US council, all in exchange for some corporate Amazon building being built within their jurisdiction. I'm reading the newspaper cover to cover: all about that, and a lot of other news things that might have passed me by. Goodbye Amazon, apart from emergencies (actually, goodbye quite a long time ago (tax evasion). Also ages ago I stopped using Boots (tax evasion), Starbuck (tax evasion), all things Philip Green (tax evasion, sexual bullying). I had a Ted Baker top that I bought in TK Maxx and I've given that away (sexual bullying).
I still lapse a lot though, which is why this posting is a passing thought and not a campaign.
Meanwhile, we are also on strike. But I'm not going to write anything more than that.

I do think it's funny to have a kitchen that is used more for recording, Youtube filming and vinyl record manufacturing than cooking, though.





No comments: