Monday, September 23, 2019

Actually, Still Writing

I think I wrote for six hours today, punctuated by a dull grey walk down the side of the main road to Whetstone and back to buy some bad food from Marks and Spencer.
Lungs full of lead, I sat back down to it all before uploading the video that was much more fun to make than writing is to write. But the book is slow politics, and I've gone back to the original interviews to see what's missing so that all the producers have their say. I can only do my best.
Part of it all is taking out the pomposity!
Tomorrow morning I'll go through the pile of stuff in cardboard files (almost ten years' worth) on the cooker and see if there's anything there to include and Wednesday, when I was going to be travelling to Canterbury to work with Robert Rotifer on our co-writes (now postponed to next week), I'll go through all the red bits in the manuscript and see if I can sort them out ('notes to self').
And I might have a listen to some songs I'm going to play on for Johny Brown. They are just lovely and it's going to be great to dig in to working on them.
Now, I am going to have a cup of tea

1 comment:

Monty said...

Did you get your 'Free Cup of Coffee' at Waitrose plc (part of the john lewis parnership)