Saturday, July 06, 2019

Thinking

I always loved that Welsh saying 'I could sleep on a chicken's lip'.
My motor has been running non-stop since January. I am acutely aware that life has lows as well as highs, and I could do without quite so many reminders of this fact- but then that is part of the general human condition!
This weekend was going to be a period of complete rest, but the fact that Carroll Thompson and Janet Kay are doing a concert tonight proved utterly irresistible; even if I have to have a McSiesta this afternoon (=eating crisps in bed, a foul trait), then I'll do that to get there.
This week, Gideon Coe at BBC6 music has played two of my tracks (Saturday Night with the London Set from Green, and The Mad Bicycle Song from The Sea), and Gary Crowley has played my music on Radio London (A Good Life with a Bad Apple from Green). Robert Rotifer, Dave Hammond, Book of Lies and Colin's Cuts have also played songs from the new album on their shows. Every musician grafts at their career, but having had 25 years out of the business I have a huge amount of gratitude for their support and interest. I could never have imagined this happening (actually I could say that about almost everything, including becoming a mother).
This is the girl in the Sixth Form who was so quiet that most people though she was a French Exchange student.
I am still a quiet and peaceful person living on borrowed loudness in public.

No comments: