Friday, June 21, 2019

I Bet You That Lady's Wearing A Cardigan

Proper Pauline review later this weekend, but this made me laugh out loud.
Everyone was in their cups last night in the best possible way, and a man came up to us at the door and said that his girlfriend hadn't wanted to see me play.
'I bet you that lady's wearing a cardigan', she had said.
He had persuaded her to come along early enough to see my set, and she had liked it after all.
It's the funniest weird compliment that I've ever had, especially because it was delivered so seriously.

God bless Geordies everywhere!

(I wasn't wearing a cardigan: lovely little review here: https://loudwomen.org/2019/06/21/helen-mccookerybook-live-and-almost-unplugged-the-betsey-trotwood-20-6-19/?fbclid=IwAR1PYeCR5CumjnqM3T4wv-8HN4iIJLyNO6bJUL7gYx7IN3mxh0Pu4c2NgGk ).

No comments: