Sunday, May 05, 2019

Marking

If you wake at seven on a Sunday worrying about the amount of marking you have to do- then you just have to get up and make a start.
I've got 40 essays, and will have 30 songs, to give feedback on over the next two weeks.
Life is not all sparkly shoes and glittery costumes, alas. If I want to carry on making recordings, the money has to come from somewhere, and I have to have a job. Or jobs.
At one point I had three jobs at three different universities, and that was just to pay the mortgage: very London.
A student was asking about time management; you have to plan every day to mix in the difficult and challenging things with the easy and pleasurable ones.
I know if I spend today and tomorrow working flat out, then next weekend's gigs will be more relaxed and more fun. At the moment, the computer is charging before the marathon marking session.
I'm listening to Electro Swing (Wax Tailor) because it's the exact opposite of being scholarly!

No comments: