Friday, April 12, 2019

Listening to Masters

The mastered songs arrived yesterday and that was really exciting!
I think they sound great.
I need to listen again today.
Last night I did a radio interview for BBC Coventry about the Leamington spa screening and the Coventry gig, which was very short but sweet.
This morning Gina and me are going to meet Neil Cooper, a Scottish journalist, to talk about the film.
The morning and afternoon swapped over, so that I'll have to listen to the songs again this afternoon instead.
I am very happy with this album.

Later on, Kenji and Till are coming to stay.
I washed the bedspread but the washing machine said 'no' and I literally had to fight the bloody thing to get it on to the washing line to dry. It was like wrestling a giant anaconda.
I swear it's alive!
It fell on the path and I had to wipe the earth off it, which completely destroyed the point of washing it in the first place. When I was fighting it on to the washing line, it headed off in the opposite direction to the one I was pulling it in.
It seemed to have grown at least four extra corners, none of which would fold neatly down to look like a homely picture of a bedspread on a washing line. And a wet bedspread is so effing heavy! I had to used all my extra future strength from in two weeks time to lift it up, and then the line looked as though it was going to snap. It looks all innocent this morning, and it still isn't dry.
The beast!!!

I should be getting ready. Why am I writing this? because I am delighted to have made some music, to have nearly completed another album. I have gigs coming up, and I feel like a human being for the first time for three years.
And the sun is shining.

No comments: