Monday, February 25, 2019

Plodding and Planning

I've recorded fifteen songs and that's probably enough, although another one is squeezing past and asking to be there too. Having to throw some of them overboard is going to be difficult.
I've found the Melodica (it lived for a spell in the studio manager's laundry basket, stuffed in there by his baby daughter), contacted Gill Wood who is a really good cello player, and got back in touch with Simon Walker, who is a fabulous fiddle player who could drink Dexy's Midnight Runners under the table when he played for them.
Doc'n'Roll have almost finished sorting out a short tour of the documentary (it's just being fine-tuned) and I'll post the dates here as soon as we have them all. I'm going to New York in June, fares paid, to talk about the Oh Bondage! Up Yours chapter and it would be good to do a small gig there this time, though organising that and borrowing a guitar might be challenging.
It's exhausting even thinking about it so I'm being as lazy as possible now, burying peanuts in the garden for later and cultivating thick, solid fingernails for the May/June tour I'm doing and that I haven't yet done the poster for. There are 23 essays to mark this week, so maybe after that.

No comments: