Saturday, October 28, 2017

Walking, Hove

Sometimes the only way to escape the tyranny of the computer is to leave the room, leave the house, leave the town and leave the city. Living is not interacting with a screen: it is walking, looking, listening and being in the real live world.
On a still evening on the Hove seafront, peculiar things happen. Busy Lizzies lie in obedient lines, awaiting the compost vehicle; people get married; a crow tries to balance on a lamp-post before being frightened off by a cyclist ('Sorry, I scared the bird away', said the mobile scarecrow; but I'd managed to take the photograph before that happened).
The sunset! 
The sea was like a huge slab of sapphire toffee being melted by the setting sun.
And then I went for a delicious Thai meal in a pop-up restaurant, and then I went to Lewes, and then I went home.
And here is the computer, sucking me in again....







No comments: