Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Strange Times

Strange times in the big wide world, and strange times in the tiny personal one too. I got a lot done in the studio yesterday, but also had a very tearful moment at the end of one of the songs I was recording and had to take a sadness break.
When I got home I was so exhausted I slept for twelve hours; I'd been planning on doing a lot of academic writing this morning but ended up going for a long walk to wake myself up, which culminated in possibly the worst curry and chips that has ever graced a plate.
Or rather, disgraced a plate.
Afterwards, I did manage to finish the piece of writing (but had to miss out a fave price of research, which just didn't seem to fit in anywhere), and also do a bit of rehearsing for the Indietracks festival this weekend, where I'm due to do an unplugged set which means getting to grips with the difficult guitar that fights back when I try to play it. Trains and music- what could be better?
Gradually, I'm realising that I have to start to build up my own musical world again.
On another musical note, I was mortified to be too late to get tickets for The Zombies at The Water Rats. How come I didn't know about it?

No comments: