Monday, July 04, 2016

Recording and Copying

I wasn't happy with he vocals that I recorded on new songs a couple of weeks ago and I spent this afternoon fixing a couple of them. After an afternoon in the park yesterday, I was in much better voice and I'm going back tomorrow to re-record some more. Then it was off to Gina's to meet Jane Woodgate of the Mo-Dettes, who had brought round the dub mix that Dennis Bovell did of their song, the one that she talks about in the documentary, to be digitised from the cassette version. It's really fab and it's a great privilege to be able to use it. We yakked about all sorts of things and ate cheese scones that Gina had made.
I like being busy like this; it keeps my mind off the miseries, although last night I confess I went to bed at 8.30 and slept until 7.30 this morning. Now I am healthy, wealthy and wise, so expect a change next time you see me.


No comments: