Saturday, January 23, 2016

Technology Is there To Help Us

Yes. The global online marking system has crashed and won't let me see the million essays that I had to mark today.
It's weekend technical support; nice man, but 'no' still means 'no', even it it's a nice man who's saying it.
The purpose of the day has changed. I'm writing a lecture on lyrics, even though most of what I need isn't here. But Jimmy Webb's book Tunesmith is really interesting, especially if you allow yourself to skip the occasional copious list, and I've been to the bookshop to buy Mark Forsyth's The Elements of Eloquence which may or may not be useful.
I'm also doing a bit of online research, hoping to contrast Rene Lussier with Rogers and Hart:





Anyway, if you want to know any more, you'll have to come to my lecture on Monday afternoon.
Pip pip!

No comments: