Friday, August 28, 2015

And Watches...

I thought I had lost the watch that I bought to replace the watch that fell off my wrist because the strap was so old and tired, so I dug out my paternal grandmother's watch (after sifting through a bin bag of dusty rubbish, to no avail).
One satisfying, hot bath later, I realised that grandmother's watch was still on my wrist, no longer ticking. It's now in a bag of rice in the kitchen- if it works for iPhones it might work for old fashioned watches, n'est ce pas?
Weeping tears of frustration, I reached for my belt and there coiled up mischievously was the missing watch, snorting with digital derision.
Huh.

2 comments:

Wilky of St Albans said...

I can recommend the Yellow watch shop in clerkenwell if you want to get the heirloom fixed. They sorted my Dad's old watch. He gave it to me 20 years ago, and minutes later told me that it didn't work and needed a service.

Helen McCookerybook said...

Thank you Wilky. It's still in the bag of rice but I'll take it down there to get it sorted out!