Saturday, June 27, 2015

Eating, the Best Form of Prevarication

Hum... well I wrote for three hours this morning, took a break for an hour and a half to do the laundry, did another hour's writing and then went for a short walk, and I've just done another two hours.
It's not even 8000 words long and it's a rewrite, not a start-from-scratch; I think that possibly makes it even more complicated, though.
It's amazing how easy it is to eat almost a whole bag of Doritos to extend your break-time. It's a bit like Sherlock Holmes's two-pipe problem, but without the classiness.
The flies have buzzed off to a cowpat somewhere; they have left a few teeny fruitfly cousins who are  slowly spiralling around in confusion in the kitchen. That's all right. They can stay.
Anyway: regardless of the graft, I'm happy; I am now the proud mother of two graduate daughters!

No comments: