Saturday, May 23, 2015

Bleeding London

I have just donated a fresh recording of my song London to Mike Roberts, who is contributing photographs to the Bleeding London project which aims to photograph every street in London. Mike is walking the streets in aid of the Stroke Association and has contributed masses of photographs to the project while doing so.
It is a really interesting project and you can find out more about it here; there are still some gaps to be filled so if you know about hidden streets in your area you may be able to help:

http://www.bleedinglondon.co.uk

If you would like to contribute to Mike's own JustGiving project the link is here:

https://www.justgiving.com/Mike-Roberts-Bleeding-London

I shall be walking the streets today if the drizzle stops. Last Sunday was Hampstead Heath with my friend Jane who will shortly be emigrating and who I will write about when the marking fug has cleared out of my brain. I'd never explored the heath much and I loved it- especially the bit with all the blowsy and overblown rhododendrons and azaleas just beside Kenwood House. A few weeks ago I walked the canal towpath from Camden to Islington. The Bleeding London project is right up my street (ahem) and I'm doing a little sun dance as we speak to make the rain, rain go away so I can get my walking legs out of that door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you!