Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Bin Men

I'm watching a TV programme about bin men in Newcastle.
There has been so much in the newspapers about 'hard-working people' and why business people deserve to make hundreds/thousands/millions/eventually billions of pounds/dollars/yen or whatever.
With public sector workers, no matter how hard you work, you only make your wages.
Personally, I'd like to see people like the bin men, the health workers, the carers, the cleaners, the police and so on make the money they deserve too. They keep us clean, safe, and well: you can't put a price on that, and I'd hate to be 'enjoying' my billions in a land over-run by rats, riddled with diseases and with no-one to care for me when I'm old and infirm.
For how much longer will the trickle-up effect be tolerated?

No comments: